Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chapter 91: The roaring twenties.

i follow a ton of blogs and websites on an hourly basis. i mean, A TON. i've had people look at my blog roll and gasp at the sheer amount of blogs that i follow. these are separated into categories such as "beauty" or "news" or "pop culture," to name a few. i like to think of myself as a renaissance women with such a myriad of interests that yes, i do need to follow all 500 of the blogs that i follow.

while i was reading a "beauty" article, i came across a survey entitled "are you using the right foundation?" curious as to whether i am or not, i started filling it out when i was immediately accosted with the age bracket question. normally, this wouldn't have even crossed my mind as i checked off the youngest bracket, or in this case, it was 18-24.

...the youngest was 18-24 which means that i will soon be leaving this bracket. in fact, i'll be leaving it in a little less than three months.

i know, entering my mid-twenties is not that big of deal. plenty of people have actually managed to live through it. i think what shocks me is how different my life is as opposed to what i imagined it would be at the age of 25. i'll admit it, when i turned 18, i acquired a swagger to indicate that i was ready to take on adulthood. a swagger that has now turned into an uneasy shuffle as i find myself not exactly sure where i'm going.

is this normal? i always knew that 25 is some kind of milestone - for those younger, it's the indication that you're old. for those older, it's the good ol' days. yet, i feel neither of these things. my unease at where my life is going is punctuated by random moments and memories of elation or despair, but neither lasts.

maybe this is the year that i make my life go the way i want. the year i actually finish all the projects i started in my "good years." the year i have answers. the one answer i do have right is that yes, i am using the right foundation. one down, not even sure how many to go.

1 comment:

mordicai said...

Nobody is an adult; I still hear people in their 40s talking about "when they grow up." Adulthood is just being alive. Stupid, but there you go. All the milestones are manufactured, as it turns out!